Why is it Important to Get a Diamond Certificate?
Don't become prey to scams; instead, understand diamond assurance and authenticity.
When someone said, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend," they were correct. Diamonds are an excellent choice for those looking to invest in gemstones. It is one of the most valuable and hardest gemstones on the planet. They are well-known for their beauty and durability. They are a popular choice of stone for engagement rings because they represent a connection between love and romance.
When you’re buying diamonds, it is important to be careful. You can be so mesmerized by a piece of diamond jewellery that you may buy it without the diamond’s certification. If you don't want to get a fake diamond jewellery, you should get a diamond certificate. You have to make sure that you get the diamond certification if you don’t want to end up with a piece of fake diamond jewellery. Let us help you with all the information that you need to know before buying a diamond jewellery.
What do we mean by diamond certification?
The Geological Institute of America (GIA) created the diamond certification. A diamond certificate is just like a report card. It helps one determine whether the diamond is genuine or not. The diamond certificate contains information on the diamond’s quality based on the 4C’s of a diamond. The 4C’s of a diamond are cut, colour, clarity and carat. This helps to evaluate the diamond’s final grading. Diamond certification helps the customer to know that they have invested in a piece of jewellery that will hold its value even in the future.
What are the 4C’s of diamond?
The Geological Institute of America (GIA) came up with a set of criteria that helps a person determine the value of diamonds. This set of criteria is 4C’s of diamond quality. Today, all the diamonds in the world can be assessed using the 4C's of the diamond quality. The 4C's stands for:
1.Cut: Cut is the most important C in diamond quality. The shape of a diamond is defined by its cut. It indicates the diamond's brilliance. Round, princess, cushion, emerald, oval, pear, asscher, marquise, and radiant cuts are among those available. Each cut has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. A properly cut diamond will reflect more light. The light they reflect intensifies the sparkle of the diamond. The more light that is reflected, the better the diamond's cut.
2.Clarity: A diamond’s clarity is known as the number of internal flaws and external flaws that are present in the diamond. Internal flaws on a diamond are called inclusions and external flaws on a diamond are called blemishes. The following symbols present on the diamond certificate represent:
- FL: Flawless
- IF: Internally flawless
- VS: Very slightly included
- SI: Slightly included
- I: Included
3.Carat: The weight of the diamond is called Carat. 1 carat is equal to 0.2 grams. The more the weight of a diamond, the more the price of the diamond. The carat of a diamond doesn’t define the quality of that diamond.
4.Colour: The colour of a diamond is determined by the diamond's whiteness. The more white the diamond, the more valuable it is in comparison to those that are yellow or brown. Diamonds range in colour from D to Z. D is the clearest, and Z has a distinct yellow or brown tint.
Why should one get diamond certification for their jewellery?
Some of the reasons for getting diamond certification are mentioned below:
1. Diamond certification ensures quality: A diamond certificate contains a great deal of information. This information can help you determine the value and quality of the diamond you're buying. When inspecting a diamond certificate, look for the following four features:
- Date of grading
- GIA number
- Shape and cut
2. Diamond certification ensures authenticity: The diamond certificate helps us determine whether the diamond is authentic and genuine. It protects us against any fraud that the seller may commit.
3. Diamond certification helps in comparison: A diamond certificate will help the buyer to compare the quality and value of the diamond. By comparing the diamonds users will be able to select the diamond with the best quality.
4. Diamond certification increases resale value: Buying a diamond is an investment and having diamond certification of the diamond jewellery helps one to get a higher price for the jewellery. It also makes it easier for people to find a buyer for that piece of jewellery.
5. Diamond certification acts as insurance: In case your diamond is lost, stolen, or damaged, the certification can be used as proof of ownership.
Therefore, getting a diamond certification is beneficial for the buyer as it helps them to determine the quality and value of the diamond, helps in comparing the diamonds, increases the resale value of the diamond, and acts as insurance for the diamond. At Gemaee, all the products are verified by our gemologists who are both GIA and Kimberly certified.